One of the most significant sectors in India that supports healthcare is the pharmaceutical industry. India produces a wide range of essential, high-quality medications that are affordable for both the Indian and global markets. If you are interested in building a career in the pharmaceutical sector, this article will help you know about some of the best pharmacy courses you can take, career opportunities in this sector, and the best pharmacy colleges in Rajasthan.
Table of Contents
- What is a Pharmacy course?
- Skills required for pharmacy
- Career Prospects in the field of Pharmacy
- Arya College- One of the best Pharmacy colleges in Jaipur
- Pharmacy courses offered by Arya college
- Why choose Arya College Jaipur?
- Frequently asked questions
What is a Pharmacy course?
Pharmacy courses offer fundamental knowledge about pharmaceutical drugs, their uses, and development which can be used by the healthcare sector. These courses deal with subjects like medicine, biology, and chemistry. India is one of the largest drug providers across the globe.
Types of Pharmacy courses available at best pharmacy colleges in India
- B Pharmacy
- M Pharmacy
- Diploma in Pharmacy
Skills required for pharmacy
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to Research, report, and record
- Management and organizational skills
- understanding of how to do clinical trials
- Scientific knowledge and observation skills
- Excellent management and communication skills
- Understanding of databases, statics, product lines, medical issues
- Time management, sales, marketing, and negotiation abilities
Career Prospects in the field of Pharmacy
The Healthcare industry offers numerous opportunities for pharmacy students. A pharmacy graduate can choose to work in the private or public sector. Let’s check out some job opportunities in this field
- Drug inspector– When a new drug is produced and manufactured, drug inspectors make sure it satisfies the necessary requirements for quality, safety, and effectiveness.
- Pharmacists– They offer to counsel the patients regarding the dosage and side effects of the medication. Pharmacists work in retail, hospitals, and private clinics. They can also join companies such as Cipla, Cadila health, Glenmark, etc.
- Health inspectors– They conduct routine checks in institutions like restaurants, hospitals, and schools to maintain a sanitary standard set by the state.
B Pharm students can earn between 4 lakhs to 6 lakhs per annum.
D pharm students can become pharmacists, medical transcriptionists, scientists at pathology labs, etc. Also, they can apply for jobs in pharmaceutical companies like manufacturing, and quality control.
The average salary of D pharmacy freshers is 1,90,000 to 3,00,000.
- Clinical research
- Research scientist
Teaching, pharmacognosy, and quality control are some of the other career opportunities available for M Pharm students. They can also go for higher education and pursue pharm D.
Arya College- One of the best Pharmacy colleges in Jaipur
Established in the year 1999 by “All India Arya samaji’s society”, Arya college was among the first private engineering colleges in Rajasthan. At present, Arya college offers several courses in the field of pharmacy, engineering, and management. This college has received national & international awards and accolades from Mr Pranab Mukherjee, Mr Bill Clinton, Mr VVS Laxman, Mr Shashi Tharoor, Etc. This is one of the best pharmacy colleges in Jaipur.
Pharmacy courses offered by Arya college
- B Pharmacy- Arya college offers a Bachelor of pharmacy for 4 years course duration. This degree is a basic requirement to practice as a pharmacist not only in India but in many other countries. This course is available in the semester as well as in annual mode.
100 seats are available for enrollment in B Pharm.
- D Pharmacy- This is a diploma course for 2 years of course duration. In this course, Students learn about the properties and impacts of medicine.
- M Pharmacy- This post-graduate program by one of the best pharmacy colleges in Rajasthan is of 2 years. In this course, the student learns specialization in pharmacy. At Arya, Pharmacology and pharmaceutics specializations are available with 15 seats for each branch.
Students must have passed their Class 12 board exams with PCM and at least 50% marks or an equivalent CGPA to be eligible,
Admission to the B Pharmacy programme is determined by both merit and entrance exams. Furthermore, some entrance tests, including UPSEE, NEET, GPAT, BITSAT, MHT-CET, and others, are held to enrol students in B Pharmacy programmes.
Students must have passed their B. Pharm with a minimum of 50% marks.
Admission to M pharmacy will be based on merit on the entrance examination such as GPAT, NIPER,
Students must have completed Senior Secondary from a recognized board with an overall average of at least 50 marks.
Admission to D pharma will be either based on merit or entrance examination such as JEE pharmacy and GPAT.
Why choose Arya College Jaipur?
- Highly trained & experienced teaching staff.
- One-of-a-kind infrastructure in Rajasthan. The college has all the amenities from well-equipped labs and a library to canteen and transportation facilities.
- Student development cell to enhance the skills of the students and make them ready for the corporate world.
- Anti-ragging policy.
- Placement opportunities in the top companies.
During Covid times, Indian pharmaceutical companies have proved that they can develop the best and most affordable drugs matching international standards. And all this was possible with the help of pharmaceutical scientists. At present, this is one of the most profitable industries in India and you can join this industry by taking a first step, by joining a pharmacy course in one of the best pharmacy colleges in Rajasthan.
Please visit Arya college’s official website to check out their pharmacy courses.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is B. Pharm better than D. Pharm?
B. pharm and D. pharm both programs have their value. You should choose the program according to your requirements. B. pharm is suitable for students who are looking to pursue higher education or want to do research-based jobs. Whereas D. pharm is suitable for students who want to start their pharmacy.
- Which job is the highest paid in Pharmacy?
The pharmaceutical scientist is the highest paying job in a pharmacy. The average salary of pharmaceutical scientists in India is 7.2 lakhs per annum.
- Can I pursue pharmacy after the 12th?
Yes, you can pursue pharmacy after the 12th by enrolling yourself in a B. pharm or a diploma in pharmacy.
- What is the fee for B Pharm in India?
The average fee for B Pharm in India is 65,000 to 3,20,000. However, it will vary according to the college/University you choose.
- Can I do M Pharm without a GPAT exam?
If you have not applied/passed the GPAT examination, you can pursue state-level pharmacy entrance examinations. Also, check with the institute you are targeting to get admission, regarding their eligibility criteria.