Electricity has rapidly become one of our most basic needs. Whether it’s for banking or public transportation, electricity now powers almost everything. Furthermore, given how technologically savvy Indian households have become in the last five years or so, electricity is always a must-have. Fortunately, you no longer must wait in long lines to pay your electric bill. Instead, you can sit in the comfort of your air-conditioned room and pay your PSPCL electricity bill using your phone or computer via payment apps like MobiKwik.
Regardless of the electricity boards, most electricity bills can be paid through various apps for convenience. These financial technology apps now use your UPI ID and bank accounts to make payments easier and faster.
6 convenient ways to pay your electricity bill
- Internet banking- Internet banking is a convenient way for all savings and current account holders to bank at any time and from any location. Log in to your internet banking account and pay your service provider online.
Many banks offer a slew of benefits in exchange for a user-friendly dashboard. It allows you to pay your HPSEBL electricity bills, transact, and invest, and it gives you more control over your finances. Once your bills are paid online, you can keep track of your spending and make changes as needed.
- Mobile banking- When used properly, your smartphone is a valuable tool. Banking is at your fingertips with a Mobile Banking App installed on your smartphone and registration completed. It enables you to do much more, such as pay various electricity bills, make travel plans, shop, invest, obtain loans, manage your account, request a checkbook, and so on. The best part is that you can earn cashback/discounts and reward points as you make payments.
- Debit Card- A debit card linked to a savings account can also be used to pay your electricity bills. It is convenient and can be used on multiple biller websites. You do not need to carry large sums of cash with you to pay your monthly electricity bills. Certain debit cards provide cash back when you pay specific electricity bills, allowing you to save money as you spend.
- Credit cards- Like debit cards, credit cards can be used to pay PSPCL electricity bills. Using a credit card allows you to take advantage of up to 50 days of interest-free credit, earn reward points (which can be used to purchase select merchandise), and take advantage of exciting cashback/discount offers, all of which can help you save money.
- Mobile wallets- With modern technologies, your smartphone can function as a wallet. You do not need to carry large amounts of cash because the concept is widely accepted at points of sale and services. Many mobile wallets have integrated electricity billers, make online shopping easier, and allow you to book travel destinations at your leisure, anytime and anywhere. They run enticing cashback/discount offers that you can’t afford to pass up.
- UPI App-The National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) launched the Unified Payment Interface (UPI), which has been a boon and brought a revolutionary change in the way transactions are performed since its inception. Because UPI is based on the Immediate Payment Service (IMPS) platform, it is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. A sizable number of banks now offer UPI apps to pay an HPSEBL bill.
Benefits of paying electricity bills online
- It saves time
- Saves money (on commuting as well as e-coupons/promo codes/cashback)
- Provides convenience
- Virtually eliminated many errors (by establishing efficient processes and systems)
- Provides more control over your finances
- Provides safety
In conclusion, you should be bank smart in this age of technology and plastic money. Set up a calendar with reminders to pay your electricity bills on time, and it can even help you improve your credit score. While using these smart ways to make routine payments, keep a close eye on your expenses and spend only on necessities. Keep in mind that every penny saved is a penny earned. The above-mentioned online payment method saves us a lot of time and provides us with a more convenient way to pay your PSPCL bills. Also, the user-friendly interface of MobiKwik makes it very easy for users to check their HPSEBL bill payment status on the App or Website.