How to Decorate Wedding Cakes
With Edible Flowers ?
Wedding cakes have become a rage in Indian weddings. They add a fun moment to the ceremony and couples love to start their beautiful journey by cutting the cake. These wedding cakes are designed in such a beautiful way that they have become a treat for the eyes well. They are decorated in the most beautiful way with stunning flowers and everything that makes them totally irresistible.
The most common and elegant way to decorate them is done by using beautiful, delicate flowers which is a timeless technique to adorn them. There are a plenty of edible flowers and herbs available in so many different shapes, sizes and colours that make cakes look all pretty. Such cakes are very commonly found at the weddings at various luxury banquet halls in Gurgaon
You must be wondering how these flowers must be tasting like… So here is the answer- some of them taste lightly perfumed, some taste of nothing at all, some taste like lavender and rose. If you’ve never tasted one before – you should definitely give it a try! There are a few flowers that are a little bitter, or savoury, and herb flowers whereas leaves have a stronger taste.
Most used flowers in cakes range from large classic rose petals in deep red through to ivory and pale yellow, to gorgeous little cornflowers in blue and pink, to edible herb leaves in myriad shades of green too. These edible flower petals are very cost effective as compared to sugar flower decorations.
Here are some tips to follow while using these petals …
- The most important thing to keep in mind before using edible flowers for any culinary purpose is that ‘if in doubt, leave it out’. You should never eat flowers unless you are 100% sure that they are edible.
- To be 100% sure you need to buy them from a certified grower so that you are confident about them regarding their consumption.
- Also, make sure you wash those flowers thoroughly before use. You also need to avoid picking them from the roadside or where they may have been treated with pesticides.
- In most of the flowers, only their petals are edible which are suitable for consumption, so the calyx, pistil and stamens of larger flowers such as roses, hollyhock and hibiscus needs to be removed along with the bitter tasting base of each petal.
- It is always advised to choose bold coloured petals. Sometimes even the brightest petals will look dainty when placed on your wedding cake so don’t be afraid to use colour.
- Never add the edible flowers to your cake until the very last minute as they have a short shelf life and can wither in the heat. Keep them in the fridge until you absolutely need them.
- Just because edible flowers have been grown for human consumption, doesn’t mean everyone can eat them. Just as with certain foods, some people may be allergic to the flowers.
You must be wondering how these flowers must be tasting like … So here is the answer some of them taste lightly perfumed, some taste of nothing at all, some taste like lavender and rose. According to florist from lamouretfleurs.com, real roses are the most popular flowers that being used at the wedding.The same as real roses, the edible roses are quite demanding as well. If you’ve never tasted one before – you should definitely give it a try! There are a few flowers that are a little bitter, or savoury, and herb flowers whereas leaves have a stronger taste.
PS : Remove the flowers from the cake before cutting and serving it.
4 Smart Ways College Students Can Protect Themselves on Campus