Top 5 Things to Expect
From SSC CGL Exam 2019
As you all are aware that Combined Graduate Level Notification will be released in the month of October 2019, here is all the important things to remember about SSC CGL Exam.
- The Staff Selection Commission conducts Combined Graduate Level Exam every year to fill in various vacancies like Assistant Audit Officer, Assistant, Inspector Assistant Enforcement Officer, Sub Inspector, Statistical Investigator Gr.II, Inspector, Inspector (Income Tax), and many more.
- If you are one among the aspirant looking forward to apply for CGL Posts, then here is all you need to know about the SSC CGL examination.
- Here are 5 major things to know before the arrival of SSC CGL Notification 2019 and also what you can expect from the notification.
SSC CGL Notification
Firstly, it is important to know about the notification for the upcoming Combined Graduate Level exam that will be conducted by the Staff Selection Commission.
- The Notification is said to be released on October 31, 2019. It is the most awaited notification as lakhs of candidates are willing to apply for this post.
- The CGL Official Notification includes complete Recruitment details like number of vacancies, when does the application process begin, how much application fee to be payed, which posts are filled through this recruitment, when is the examination conducted, and many more.
- As this is the tentative date, the notification release date might change. Once the notification is released, candidates can know complete information about the recruitment.
- If you are willing to apply for CGL Exam then, it is important to go through the detailed notification thoroughly so that you are aware about the examination and its rules.
SSC CGL Exam Dates
According to the Staff Selection Commission board, the SSC CGL Exam is tentatively scheduled in the month of December 2019. As the dates are not confirmed, here is a glimpse of Combined Graduate Level Exam date.
|SSC CGL 2019-20 Exam Dates
|SSC CGL 2019 Online Application
|31st October 2019
|SSC CGL 2019 Online Application
|28th November 2019
|SSC CGL 2019 Tier-I Exam Date
|December 2019 (CBT)
|SSC CGL Tier-II Exam Date
|SSC CGL Tier-III Exam Date (Des)
|SSC CGL Tier-IV Exam Date
SSC CGL Application Form
The next important thing to know about is the SSC CGL Application form. After the notification is released, the application form is also made available and candidates can start filling it.
- Before proceeding with the SSC CGL Online Application Process, you need to have all the essentials required to fill the form.
- As the application process is conducted in online mode, you need to keep all the required documents, a valid email ID, phone number ready with you.
- Make sure you fill the form correctly, as you do not have chance to correct it. So, be careful while entering the data.
- Also, make sure you check the internet connectivity is proper without any fluctuation.
- If the site is down and some server issues, try filling the form in the off-working hours i.e., during night time.
SSC CGL Vacancy
The vacancy list of the year 2019-20 will be out once the official notification is released. It is a golden opportunity for candidates who have a minimum educational background of Bachelor Degree.
- As per the previous year notification, a total of 8089 vacancies were announced by SSC Examination Board.
- So, this year, it is estimated to have a higher number of vacancy compared to last year.
- As there are many posts available under CGL Post, candidates can apply for their desired one after the application form is released.
SSC CGL Exam Pattern
Now, you are aware about the major stuff important in CGL Exam Recruitment, here is the last one you need to take a look at. Knowing about the exam pattern is very much important to crack the examination with good SSC CGL Result.
- Without having the basic knowledge about what the exam paper does consists of, it is tough for you to clear the exam.
- So, to begin with the preparation, firstly everyone needs to know how many sections are are there in the exam, how much marks are allotted for each section and how many questions are asked from each topic.
- As you know, that SSC CGL Exam has four stages: Tier-I, Tier-II, Tier-III, Tier-IV, here is the exam pattern for each stage.
Tier-I Exam Pattern
|No. of Questions
|General Intelligence and Reasoning
|A cumulative time of 60 minutes
Tier-II Exam Pattern
|No. of Questions
|English Language and Comprehension
|General Studies (Finance and Economics)
Tier-III Exam Pattern
|Descriptive Paper in English/Hindi (Writing of Essay, Precis, Letter, Application etc.)
|1 hour or 60 minutes
Tier-IV Exam Pattern
Tier-4 Exam is a Computer Skill Test and it will be conducted in two steps: DEST Test & CPT Test.
DEST: You are required to type 2000 words in 15 minutes on a computer in English. This test is conducted to check a candidate’s writing skills.
CPT: This test is conducted to check a candidate’s proficiency in Word Processing, Spreadsheets and Generation of Slides.