Entrance Exams accepted by
Top Engineering Colleges in Noida
Engineering Colleges in Noida | Part of the National Capital Region of Delhi, Noida is one of the fastest growing cities in India. A large number of Information Technology firms have set up their base in Noida owing to its rising status.
It is known that when a region is growing economically, growth in other sectors becomes simultaneous. Therefore, growth in the education sector, especially in the engineering and technology sector has seen an exponential increase in both quality and quantity.
There are a number of engineering colleges in Noida that can now compete with the very best in the country. This article addresses the entrance examinations required to qualify for admission to these engineering colleges in Noida.
- Amity JEE
At the beginning of this article, we have mentioned that the best engineering colleges in Noida can now compete with the best in the country, and Amity University in Noida is one of these.
The University conducts its own entrance examination called Amity JEE for admission to its various courses. It is a national level, online-based entrance examination conducted once a year by Pearson VUE for Amity.
The application fee for this examination is Rs.1100 for all candidates.
To be eligible for Amity JEE, students must meet the criteria prescribed by the University which are as follows –
- The students must have passed their intermediary/higher secondary examinations with a minimum of 60% aggregate in the science stream
- The students who have scored 80% or more in their Board examinations are exempted from appearing for Amity JEE and can directly apply for the University.
- The students who have scored 30+ in JEE Mains with a 60% overall aggregate in English, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology are also exempted from appearing for Amity JEE and are considered for direct admission into the University
- Apart from the basic eligibility criteria, different courses have their own criteria. For B.Tech courses that include Computer Science and Engineering, students must have scored a minimum of 70% in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics separately in the qualifying exam
- For B.Tech courses that include subjects other than Computer Science and Engineering, namely Aerospace, Avionics, Aeronautical Engineering, Biotechnology, and Bio-informatics, the students must have scored a minimum of 60% in all compulsory subjects separately
- Candidates of the reserved category are given 5% relaxation in their qualifying exam
The examination duration of Amity JEE is 120 minutes and comprises of four parts –
- General English – 15 questions
- Physics – 25 questions
- Chemistry – 25 questions
- Mathematics/Biology – 25 questions
Each correct answer carries 4 marks and each incorrect answer carries a negative mark of 1. The maximum mark that can be obtained is 360.
Some of the best engineering colleges in Noida are under the Amity University and only these accept the Amity JEE entrance examination score.
Apart from Amity JEE, some engineering colleges in Noida accept the JEE Main and Advanced scores for their admission, namely –
- Jaypee Institute of Information Technology University (JIIT)
- Amity Institute of Nanotechnology
- Amity Institute of Biotechnology
- RICS School of Built Environment, which is a part of Amity University
Although Noida is a part of Delhi NCR, it is primarily in the state of Uttar Pradesh. Owing to this fact, some engineering colleges in Noida accept scores obtained in the Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Examination.
The best engineering colleges in Noida that accept UPSEE scores for their admission procedure are –
- JSS Academy of Technical Education
- Sarvottam Institute of Technology and Management
- GNIT Girls Institute of Technology
- Mahatma Gandhi Mission College of Engineering and Technology
Since Amity University is one of the best engineering colleges in Noida, the Amity JEE is an important entrance examination for Noida students who wish to pursue engineering. Other colleges in Noida don’t have the necessary infrastructure to compete with Amity University but are still prestigious in their own right.