Smriti Mandhana Biography
Childhood | Career | Family | Awards | Facts
Smriti Mandhana is one of the successful Indian Cricket Player who plays for Indian Women Cricket Team. She is Very popular in Youngsters For her Tricky and Clever Batting Performance on The Cricket Ground . She is a left-hand player, with that, she represented for Indian women cricket team in international formats. Smriti Mandhana did her debut against Bangladesh in 2013 and she represented India in all formats. Then her last ODI against Sri Lanka on 19 February 2016. She made her debut test match against England on 13 August 2014. Basically, she is a batswoman of the Indian Women Cricket Team but her bowling plays the best part of her career and Seam bowling is her bowling style.
Smriti Mandhana is an Indian cricketer who is playing for Indian Women Cricket Team, who had her breakthrough in the year 2013, when Smriti Mandhana scored a double century in a one-day game. Her father and brother inspired her to choose cricket and she was chosen in the Under-15 team of Maharastra when she was 9 years old and she was chosen in the Under-19 team of Maharastra, when she was 11 years old.
Smriti Mandhana Biography
There are the short Biograpgy About Smriti Mandhana. Here is Follows –
- Name: Smriti Shriniwas Mandhana
- Nick Name: Smriti Mandhana
- Profession: Indian Cricketer
- Date of Birth: July 18, 1996
- Age: 22 years
- Zodiac: Cancer
- Weight: 55 kg
- Measurement: 33-27-33
- Father: Shriniwas Mandhana
- Mother: Smita Mandhana
- Brother: Sharavan Mandhana
- Marital Status: Unmarried
Smriti Mandhana Childhood
Smriti Mandhana was born in Mumbai on 18 July 1996 (Age 22 Years) as a daughter of Mr. Srinivas and Smitha. But when she was just 2 years of age, her parents shifted to Sangli. Her father Srinivas Mandhana was a former district level cricketer, who dreamed about his kids making a career in Indian cricket. Her mother Smitha Mandhana was also very supportive from the beginning even though it is tough for any mother to make up the mind to allow their daughter to choose a male dominated career.
According to Srinivas, Smriti Mandhana was merely 3 years old when she took a plastic bat in her hand strike. From there to the aggressive opener of Indian women cricket team is the result of sheer determination and hard work.
Smriti Mandhana Family
Smriti Mandhana Father Shrinivas Mandhana is a former district-level Cricketer and Her Mother Smita Mandhana. She has one brother Sharavan Mandhana is a former district-levrl Cricketer. Smriti Mandhana is unmarried. She is the biggest fan of Cricketer Sachin Tendulkar. Her Religion Hinduism, Nationality Indian and Zodiac Sign Cancer.
Smriti Mandhana Body Measurements
- Smriti Mandhana Height 5 Feet 4 Inches approx 163 cm and the Weight 55 Kg approx 120 lbs.
- Her Bra Size is 33B and Full Body Measurements are 33-27-33 Inches.
- Smriti Waist Size is 27 Inches and Hip Size is 33 Inches.
- Smriti Mandhana Shoe Size is 8 (US) and Dress Size is 4 (US).
- Her Hair Color is Black and Eye Color is Black Also.
Career In Domestic Cricket
In 2013, Smriti first break through came when she became first Indian Woman to achieve double- hundred in a one-day game. She playing for Maharashtra against Gujarat and scored an unbeaten 224 off 150 balls in the West Zone Under-19 Tournament, at the Alembic Cricket Ground in Vadodara.
Smriti Mandhana has taken so many these kind of achievements. In 2016, Women’s Challenger Trophy, Mandhana made three half centuries for India Red in as many games. And through her that performance, she became a part of winning team against Team blue.
Smriti Mandhana was sign up for a one-year deal with Brisbane Heat for the Women’s Big Bash League in September 2016 and along with Harmanpreet Kaur. And they will became one of the first two Indians to be signed up for the League.
Career In International Cricket
In August 2014, Smriti Mandhana made her international career debut against England at Wormsley Park. She helped her team win the match by scoring 22 and 51 in her first and second innings, respectively in the latter innings, Smriti shared in an opening-wicket partnership of 76 runs with Thirush Kamini, chasing 182.
In March 2018, she scored the fastest fifty for India in a Women’s Twenty 20 International fixture, taking 30 balls to reach a half-century against Australia women in the 2017–18 India women’s Tri-Nation Series.
When Smriti Mandhana Created History
In August 2013, Smriti Mandhana sent a strong message to the selectors that she was ready for the big league as she was became the first Indian Women to score a century In the One Day International Format. The left-handed batsman scored a whopping 224 of just 150 balls while representing Maharashtra against Gujarat in the West Zone Under 19 Tournament.
Smriti Mandhana in Big Bash League
In September 2017, Smriti Mandhana made the entire country proud yet again as she became only the second Indian woman after Harmanpreet Kaur to be given a contract to play in the Big Bash League. She applied her trade for the Brisbane Heat but did not have a great initial season as she managed only 89 runs in 12 matches. Often we saw glimpses of her brilliance but the ‘Real Smriti Mandhana’ unfortunately and for a change, never stood up. A few of you might find that as a harsh comment but isn’t it always wise to call a spade a spade.
Smriti Mandhana Other works
Smriti Mandhana made her check debut in August 2014 toward England in the Wormsley Park. She helped her institution win the sport with the useful resource of scoring 22 and 51 in her first and second possibilities, respectively within the very last innings, Smriti Mandhana shared a seventy six-race wicket beginning partnership with Thirush Kamini, chasing 182.
Achievements and Awards
These are some Awards and Achievements of Smriti Mandhana. Here is Follows –
- The first Indian woman to achieve a double-hundred in a one-day domestic game.
- The Top-scorer of Women’s Challenger Trophy 2016.
- One of the first two Indians to be signed up for the Women’s Big Bash League (WBBL)
- The only Indian Cricketer to be a part of ICC Women’s Team of the Year, 2016.
- Fastest T20 fifty by an Indian Women Cricketer. (2018 Women’s Tri-Series, India)
Some Amazing Facts About Smriti Mandhana
The Mumbai born girl has showed some fearless batting in starting matches of ICC Womens World cup, where she opened the innings with Poonam Raut, but her form has faded a little since then. Though Smriti has impressed one and all with her beautiful looks and is allready ruling the hearts of many. A blisterring hundred against West Indies in 2017 Womens World cup is all ready a highlight of her career. As this Mumbaikar turns 21 today, we discuss some of the interesting facts about Smriti Mandhana in Hindipanda.com. Here is Follows –
- First Indian Woman to achieve double- hundred in a one-day game.
- Smriti Mandhana is One of the First Players to be Signed Who are Signed for Brisbane Heat in the Women’s Big Bash League.
- Smriti was the Only Indian Player in the ICC Women’s Team of the Year 2016.
- She was inspired to take up cricket at a very young age of 6, getting influenced by her brother who played for Maharashtra Under 16 team.
- She is two of the Indians who took part in Women’s Big Bash League ( WBBL ) and played for Brisbane Heat alongside with India T20 captain, Harmanpreet Kaur who played for Sydney Thunder. However, Mandhana could not play the full season as a result of her knee injury that ruled her out of the tournament.
- Smriti Mandhana was the only Indian who was named in the ICC Women’s team of the year in 2016.
- Her first ODI century came against Australia in Hobart (Australia ) where she knocked a punch of 102 runs.
- Smriti later on moved to Sangli from Mumbai, a small district in Maharashtra and completed her schooling from there.
- She was the first Indian woman to score a double hundred in a one day game, playing for Maharashtra against Gujarat in October 2013.
- Her inspiration was Sri Lanka’s legend, Kumar Sangakkara and she often used to copy him in the nets which was not liked by her coach.
Smriti Mandhana Hobbies
Smriti Mandhana favourite hobby is listening to music. she loves de-stressing herself by listening to some good beats before making the opposition bowlers dance to her tunes.
Smriti Mandhana Favourite Cricketer
Smriti’s favourite cricketer is The God of cricket ‘Sachin Tendulkar’.