Alibaug – A Perfect Place for Spending a Vacation with Loved One
Alibaug is a small coastal town located in the Raigad district of Maharashtra state. It is one of the popular tourist destinations in the Konkan region that allows tourists to explore many things. The town is well-known for its beautiful beaches, forts, and other attractions that attract a large number of tourists every year. Anyone who visits the town for the first time should know more about the places of interest in detail which ultimately help to plan their trip accordingly.
The resorts in Alibaug are an ideal one for tourists because they cover excellent amenities for them. Another thing is that they provide ways for experiencing the best accommodation in a sophisticated environment. At the same time, it is necessary to check the availability of hotel rooms in advance before planning a trip that gives ways to avoid unwanted issues.
Interesting places to visit in Alibaug
1. Kolaba Fort
Kolaba Fort is one of the must-see places in Alibaug because it served as a naval base during the reign of Shivaji. In fact, it is a 300 year old fort located amidst the Arabian Sea that has historical artefacts and vestiges. Moreover, the fort has some old temple buildings allowing tourists to enjoy the architectural styles. The Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) declared the fort as a protected monument due to its historical significance.
2. Nagaon Beach
Nagaon Beach in Alibaug is a famous one for its cleanliness enabling tourists to perform water-based activities with others to witness more excitement. Apart from that, tourists can even view the sunset in the morning and walk in the evening to relax the mind. The beach offers mouth-watering dishes including sea foods enabling tourists to enjoy them with others.
3. Brahma Kund
Brahma Kund lies 20 km away from Alibaug which is immensely popular for its religious belief. The place located on a hill is rectangular in shape that has steps on all four sides. It consists of two small pools and many tourists believe that the water is holy. Some other tourist attractions located in Kund include Mirchi Baba and Maruti Temple. There is a belief that Lord Brahma bathed Lord Krishna who collected the water later and created the pool.
4. Akshi Beach
Akshi Beach is a beautiful place to visit in Alibaug because it covers calm waters and coconut trees enabling tourists to witness more excitement. It is just 5 km away from the Alibaug beach and serves as perfect destination for those who want to perform outdoor activities such as swimming, boating, sunbathing, water riding, surfing, and so on. The beach even gives ways to access a variety of birds that make the place a famous bird watching spot.
5. Kanakeshwar forest
Kanakeshwar forest is a popular one for its richness and other things enabling tourists to plan an excitement trip. In addition, it makes feasible ways to spot wild animals and other species with ease. The forest is well-known for its deadliest snakes and travelers should take extra care while visiting the forest.
Travel tips to Alibaug
1. Marathi and Hindi are the languages spoken in Alibaug. However, tourist guides also speak English for communication purposes.
2. The place is well-connected by air, road, and train networks allowing tourists to reach the same with ease. Mumbai is the nearest airport (100 KM) located to the city.
3. The best time to visit Alibaug is from November to March enabling tourists to make a fine trip with groups and others accordingly.
4. Although the people in Alibaug are friendly and warm, visitors should follow prevailing social customs and norms after visiting the city.
5. There are several restaurants which offer sea foods and other types of foods for tourists enabling them to know the unique flavors of the city.
6. Visitors should take care of their personal belongings when they travel to the city to avoid thefts and other problems.
7. It is advisable to drink bottled water instead of tap water which will help to prevent health complications.
8. Tourists should carry important documents when they travel to the city enabling them to visit important destinations with ease.
9. International tourists can exchange their currency in banks and leading exchange counters after knowing exchange rates.
10. Visitors should pack their clothes properly which fit both summer and winter season to prevent discomforts.
11. Bathing is strictly prohibited in Alibaug beaches and tourists should follow the same while visiting the city.
12. Tourists can download the hotel app on their mobile phones that can help to reserve the rooms without any hassles.
13. Visitors should avoid travelling to the place during the monsoon season because it will rain high.
14. Tourists should refrain from wearing revealing clothes while visiting religious places in the town.
15. There are several travel operators who provide different types of packages for the tourists allowing them to choose the best one depending on their needs.
16. Even though tipping is not mandatory in hotels and restaurants, visitors can pay it when pleased by a taxi driver or restaurant employees.
Where to stay in Alibaug?
Those who want to stay in Alibaug should consider choosing the best resorts for ensuring high level comforts. The Best resorts in Alibaug allow tourists to experience modern facilities in the accommodation process. Furthermore, they even show methods to enjoy a holiday trip and honeymoon with family or others at affordable rates.
Tourists can even compare the prices of resorts online from several hotel websites to book a room depending on the requirements and costs. It is possible to know the details of hotels online that can help to make a better decision. A reputed hotel website will make the online booking process a simple one by addressing essential needs. In addition, it even gives ways to schedule a trip in advance with family and others to get peace of mind. Most hotels aim at fulfilling the expectations of visitors with modern amenities to get more satisfaction on a trip.