Introduction to Twitter
Twitter is a social networking and micro blogging platform that allows users to publish short posts on current events, personal experiences and general topics. Twitter is a popular source for news, entertainment, sports and commentary. However, Twitter is full of trolls and spam bots that can be detrimental to your Internet security. The posts that you make to your Twitter feed can be crawled and indexed by Google and Bing. Since it is a public platform, Twitter raises privacy concerns as well.
How to Deactivate Twitter Account
For whatever reason, someday you might realize that you do not want to tweet anymore and that your tweeting days are over. The next logical step is to erase your entire Twitter existence, however sad that actually might be (especially if you have a history being a serial tweeter).
Anyone wishing to deactivate his or her account will be glad to know that the process is fairly simple. Unfortunately, you can not do this via Twitter is mobile app so you will have to this the desktop way : visit their website and tinker around. Here is How to deactivate twitter account and take a definite (30-day max) break from the social network.
You need to know ,
- When you deactivate your account, Twitter retains your data for 30 days before permanently deleting it.
- You have the option to reactivate your account within 30 days of deactivation. To do so, you need to simply login with your current username and passwords.
- Once you deactivate your account, Twitter removes it within a few minutes. However, some contents may be viewable on twitter.com for a few days.
Steps of How to Deactivate Twitter Account
These are various steps of How to deactivate twitter account. Here is Follows –
- Type www.Twitter.com in the address bar of the browser of your choice and press Enter.
- If you are not already logged in, login by entering your credentials (username/email address and password) and clicking the Log In button.
- In the upper-right corner of the page, click on your profile picture.
- A dropdown menu will appear. Find and click on the Settings and privacy.
- In the new page, scroll all the way to the bottom and you will find Deactivate your account link. Click on it.
- You are now redirected to the account deactivation page. You will find some information regarding the deactivation, as well as be informed that you can restore your account for up to 30 days after deactivation. To proceed with deactivation, click on the Deactivate button.
- To confirm your deactivation, you must enter your password. After you enter it, click on the Deactivate account button to finish the process.
- With that last step, you have officially deactivated your account. Remember that if you change your mind, you have up to 30 days after deactivation to restore your account.
If you like this article about How to deactivate twitter account, so please like, share and comment this post.