Happy Teachers Day
Teachers Day Speech | Quotes | Images
Teachers day in India is celebrated every year on 5th September to honour the contributions of the teachers in our study, society and country. There is a great reason behind the celebrating the teachers day on 5th of September.
5th of September is the birth anniversary of a great person named as Dr. Sarvapalli Radhakrishnan. He was highly devoted towards education and well known as the scholar, diplomat, President of India and most importantly a Teacher.
Origin and History
Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan, because of his reputation as a distinguished scholar, believed that teachers have the best minds in the nation. When some of his friends and students approached him with the idea of organizing a birthday party for him, he instead told them that he would be honored if that day is used to celebrate teachers in the country. Since 1962, the teacher’s day is celebrated on the same day as his birthday i.e 5th of September.
When Teachers Day Celebrated in India
Teachers day falls on the same day every year on the September 5th. This day was chosen because it is the birthday of Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan. Radhakrishnan was India’s first ever Vice President, serving in this office between 1952 and 1962. Thereafter, he served as the country’s President between 1962 and 1967.
Dr. Sarvapalli Radhakrishnan was known for his contribution to the education system in the country. He was a scholar and a philosopher as well as a politician and so his birthday is a very fitting day to celebrate education. However, this day is not a national holiday in the Indian calendar.
Importance of Teachers day
Teachers are most important in society, in fact in many ways they are the pin of society. As such, it is the great that we have a dedicated day to honor our teachers and to boost their morale, telling them how much we appreciate them.
Teachers do a lot of hard work to mold students to become important people in society. Without a teacher, no one would become a accountant, a doctor, a pilot, scientist, an engineer, a meteorologist among other professions. Teachers Day is important because it helps students and parents realize the crucial role of teachers in the society. Through this understanding, respect is cultivated and thus effective learning achieved.
The Teachers day is also a time to remind people of the importance of education. It celebrates great scholars such as Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan who have contributed immensely to that field.
Teachers day creates awareness about the significance of the teachers and the fact that they are an effective tool of social transformation.
For example, teachers give counseling and advice on various issues such as career path, peer pressure, depression, and drug addiction.
Role of Teachers in our Life
Anyone who has gone through the education system or taken part in any type of learning and training, understands just how important teachers are in our lives.
Teachers play many roles in our lives. Apart from impacting knowledge among students, they are also great mentors, counselors and friends that help us grow and achieve progress in life.
Teachers help us to learn and understand various disciplines. Through this, we develop intellectual capabilities that make us useful people in the society.
Teachers play a role in our individual growth because they act as both our counselors and mentors. Through education, our minds are opened and we begin to view the world more critically compared to when we were young and without knowledge. Teachers are responsible for much of the progress witnessed in the world today because they shape our perceptions.
Why Teachers Day celebrated ?
Teachers day is celebrated because it is important to show our teachers how much we honor and respect them. This Day gives us an opportunity to do this and it also motivates us to thank our teachers for all of their hard work.
Teachers day is celebrated because of several reasons. Here is Follows –
- To honor teachers for their contribution in impacting knowledge among people in the society.
- To remind the country of the importance of teachers.
- To celebrate knowledge and its role in societal advancement.
- To appreciate the great scholars that have made great contributions in academia.
- Teachers Day also gives teachers an opportunity to relax and spend time with their families in the middle of a busy academic year.
How is Teachers Day Celebrated ?
The Teacher day is celebrated by teachers themselves and by their students. Teachers Day events happen all across the country. Usually, normal lessons are canceled in schools and students may bring in food, cards or other treats for teachers. It is a very special day at school. Teachers Day in India is celebrated in many ways. Here is Follows –
- The Teachers day is marked by paying homage to Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan, the great teacher, scholar and philosopher.
- Cultural programs are held in educational institutes, such as schools, colleges, and universities. This is a way to please teachers and show how much value they have in the society. Some schools give awards to the outstanding teachers on the Teachers Day.
- Celebratory songs are often sung and games are played, too.
- On the Teacher Day, Senior students dress up as teachers and assume the roles of the teachers, for instance, offering classes to elementary students. This is meant to make them feel how teachers feel while teaching.
- On other occasions, teachers take the position of students in classes, sit down and get taught by the students.
- Most students buy different gifts for their teachers. They buy pens, flowers, cakes, chocolates, books, and greeting cards. Some parents also gift teachers.
- Making calls to childhood teachers.
- In some schools, former students arrange a reunion with their teachers just to give them a thank you for the job well done.
- Other big events may occur in restaurants and cafes which offer promotions to people who wish to celebrate Teachers Day.
- Teachers and their families may also hold private celebrations in their homes – this could involve a special meal, for example, or it could just involve a teacher taking some time out to pamper themselves and relax.
- Teachers feel appreciated and highly valued these celebrations are held or when these gifts are handed over to them as a token of respect. As the saying goes, once a teacher, always a teacher!
After the Teacher Day celebrations, teachers will usually go home after school and relax, or they will head out to celebrate with their friends and family – often in a restaurant or a cafe.
10 Ways to Honor & Appreciate
Both on Teachers Day and on the every day of the year, we should respect our teachers. A good teacher someone who believes in us and encourages us, helping us to achieve our goals can change our life indelibly for the better.
We can honor and appreciate our teachers in our own small ways. It does not always have to be a grand gesture because it is the thought that counts. So, to give you some inspiration, here are 10 Ways to Honor and Appreciate Our Teachers written by the hindipanda.com. Here is Follows –
- Respect and obey them
We can show our teachers that we value them by respecting and obeying them.
- Write to them
Write your teacher a card or a note and tell them how much they meant to you and how much they have helped you. Recollect some old memories from class to make them smile!
- Perform well in their subjects
There is no greater honor to teachers than when students excel in their subjects. It shows that the teacher has been doing a great job and the student on the other hand, has been paying attention in class.
- Dedicate a book or article to them
If you go on to publish any of your writing, consider thanking your teacher in the dedication or acknowledgements.
- Improved salaries
The government can put in place policies that improve the welfare of teachers such as higher salaries and better employment terms.
- Nominate them for an award
Many cities and states run a ‘best teacher’ competition. Why not nominate your teacher? You can keep it a secret so that it surprises them if they win. But, if they don’t win this time around, make sure to tell them that you nominated them, as it’ll really make them happy.
- Apply their lessons in your life
Perhaps the greatest gift that you can give your teacher is to learn from them and apply their lessons to your life.
- Give them a gift
We can give our teachers appropriate gifts as a token of appreciation for helping us learn and gain knowledge. A new pen, a tie, some tasty chocolates or a book– give your teacher a gift that will brighten their life and let them remember you whenever they use it.
- Give them good feedback
Your school or college may have a formalized feedback system which lets you report back on how you find your classes. Take the time to give some detailed and appreciative feedback to your teacher you may even earn them a payrise.
- Do something quirky
Get the class to learn a song about chemistry for your chemistry teacher and sing it to them on the last day at school. Put on a secretly rehearsed play for your theater teacher. There are numerous fun things you can do here.
Source : youtube
Teachers Day Quotes
If you are searching for Teachers day Quotes or Teachers day images to send your teacher, here you can get your search result.
Dear Teacher, Thanks for making us what we are today.
Teacher, you are the reason I excel in what I do. I wouldn't be who I am today if weren't for you.
A good teacher must be able to put himself in the place of those who find learning hard.
Good teachers are costly in world, but bad teachers cost more ...
I was lucky to have a teacher as wonderful as you are.
The one exclusive sign of thorough knowledge is the power of teaching.
A good teacher is like a candle, it consumes itself to light the way for others.
Teaching is the profession that teaches all the other professions.
The best teachers teach from the heart, not from the book.
Teachers don't impact for a year, but for a lifetime.
Teachers day is celebrated all over India, and it is a more important day celebrates the teacher’s importance in the society. The students must do many of the activities for teachers and make very special day for teachers. Teachers, all achievements are shown by the students on this day.
The hard-work and efforts that teachers put in building the future citizens of the nation should always be appreciated and applauded. And as they say, “It takes a big heart to shape little minds, celebrating Teachers Day is just a way of thanking and showing love to all those who have been a part of the student’s learning, development and have contributed in making them human.