How to Prepare Yourself for Your SAT Exam
Exams are always stressful, right? It gives you sleepless nights, nightmares and lots of tensions. And when you are appearing for exams like SAT, you have that extra palpitated heart before the night of the particular exam. You may have attended the best SAT coaching in Gurgaon or in your hometown, but there are certain things that you can do to keep your calm before the exam. You have studied well and also practiced enough to do well on the test. So, now you should be calm and have a good night’s sleep on the night before the exam.
What to Do on the Night before the Exam
- The first thing you need to do is to relax. You have to keep your brain calm and don’t study as much as you did throughout your preparation. Else, you can hang out with a friend or read a book to keep yourself relaxed.
- You will need a good sleep at night before the exam. So, stay away from any types of screens, like television, phone or laptop. The bright blue light of these devices keep your nerves awake and you get disturbed sleep. That is not what you want at that time.
- Always keep your bag ready for the exam beforehand. Arrange your admission ticket, ID, calculator, pencils, batteries and other essentials in your bag so that you don’t forget anything in a hurry.
- You have to check out what you are eating a day before the exam. You should avoid spicy foods and carbonated drinks as those will only make you feel exhausted. Include more fruits and vegetables in your diet along with complex carbohydrates, like rice, potato, etc. You should also drink lots of water to keep yourself hydrated.
- Have a clear plan of how to reach your exam center on exam day. You should not be late for your exam. So, make sure of the way to choose and transportation, available to reach there. If you have to park a car, you should also know about that beforehand.
What to Do on the Morning of the Exam
So, the big day has finally arrived! How to feel your exam day with positive energy?
- First, have a good and healthy breakfast. Eat things like eggs, toasts, fruits, milk, juices, etc.
- If you usually have tea or coffee in the morning, you can have it. But, if you don’t, then don’t start it from the exam day just because caffeine keeps you energetic. Instead of a sudden boost of energy, you want a slow-paced, but consistent energy.
- Reach the test center early and stay away from those who are getting panicky. These are negative energy that will falter your positivity just before the exam. Avoid discussing your preparation and don’t concentrate on others.
SAT is nothing from Mars. If you are confident about your preparation and have attended SAT coaching in Gurgaon or in your city, then there is nothing to be freaked out. You have done enough preparation and it is time to show your skill.