Having an MBA after graduation from a well-reagarded business school can land a candidate with the desired work profile. After completing class 12, candidates can now pursue MBA with an integrated course. An Integrated MBA Course is mostly preferred because of its wide scope.
- The course is also known by the name “IPM- Integrated Program in Management”.
- These integrated MBA courses are generally of a 5-year duration and include the following combinations of courses: BBM + MBA; BMS + MBA; and BBA + MBA.
- All of these courses are offered to train the candidate’s managerial-oriented roles.
- The course is found to attract a much more attractive salary package ranging from INR 5 LPA to INR 17 LPA.
Reasons for Preferring Top B-Schools to Study Integrated MBA
Top B-schools offering integrated MBA courses are being preferred by many candidates due to the following reasons:
- These courses ensure that every candidate is possessed the managerial skill sets required for the managerial profiles.
- These courses equip the candidates with an innovative mindset and develop their decision-making capabilities.
- Candidates pursuing their integrated courses are subjected to plenty of internships as well as project opportunities.
- Candidates passing out from Top B-schools draw higher CTC than those of the candidates passing out from other institutions.
Integrated MBA Course Details
Integrated MBA courses are usually offered for a duration of 5 years which the first three years concentrate on making the students stronger in the management basics and the next two years concentrate on training the candidates to be a management expert.
- The subjects taught during the first three years include Mathematics, Economics, Psychology, Language, Humanities, Statistics, Political Science, Literature, Sociology, and Fine Arts.
- The subjects taught during the next two years include Communication, Economics, Strategy, Quantitative Techniques, Operations Management, Human resources, Accounting, Marketing, International Trade, Information Systems, and Operational Behaviour.
Top 5 B-Schools Offering Integrated MBA Course Admission
Based on the Rankings released by NIRF for the Management category and last academic year 2021, the following are the Top 5 B-Schools:
- Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Indore being placed at 6th spot on the NIRF Ranking 2021, the selection criteria for Admission here is performance in IPM AT- Aptitude Test followed by an interview.
- Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Ranchi being placed at 21st spot on the NIRF Ranking 2021, the selection criteria for Admission here is performance in IPM AT-Aptitude Test followed by an interview, which is similar to IIM-Indore.
- SVKM`s NMIMS- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai being placed at 22nd spot on the NIRF Ranking 2021, the selection criteria for Admission here is performance in NPAT- NMIMS Programs After Twelfth and merit of marks in class 12th.
- Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT), New Delhi is placed at 25th spot on the NIRF Ranking 2021, the selection criteria for Admission here are performance in IPM AT- Aptitude Test, class 10th, and gender-wise allocations.
- Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Rohtak being placed at 28th spot on the NIRF Ranking 2021, the selection criteria for Admission here is performance in IPM AT-Aptitude Test followed by an interview.
IIM Indore is the best management institute in India to study an integrated MBA course. The institution bangs the top position among various top 5 B-schools located in India as per the last rankings released by NIRF for the management category in 2021.
NMIMS Mumbai is a good choice for pursuing an integrated MBA course in India as it has been ranked right next to the IIM Indore and IIM Ranchi institutes. The institution applies novel case study-oriented teaching methods for its course pursuing students. The seat intake for the course is also high.
Course Fees Structure
The fees for these kinds of courses are generally high owing to their wide scope, however, it is worth spending such costs to have a bright future. The fee for the course starts from INR 10 lakhs and might go more than INR 30 lakhs. The total fee details of the top 5 B-schools have been tabulated below.
- The course fee for domestic students at IIM Indore for the first three years is INR 5 LPA, while for international students the fee is INR 7.5 LPA. Course fees for the 4th & 5th years would be as per prevailing PGP fees.
- The entire fee at IIM Ranchi for the course of 5 years duration is INR 15.93 lakhs.
- The entire fee at SVKM`s NMIMS for the course of 5 years duration is INR 40 lakhs. The year-wise fee structure is the same throughout the 5 years duration, which costs INR 8 lakhs each year.
- The entire fee at the Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT), New Delhi for the course of 5 years duration is INR 29.70 lakhs. The year-wise fee details of the course in the institution are INR 4 lakhs for the first year; INR 4 lakhs for the second year; INR 4 lakhs for the third year; INR 8.85 lakhs for the fourth year; and INR 8.85 lakhs for the fifth year.
- The entire fee at IIM Rohtak for the course of 5 years duration is INR 33.90 lakhs. The year-wise fee details of the course in the institution are INR 5 lakhs for the first year; INR 5.5 lakhs for the second year; INR 5.5 lakhs for the third year; INR 8.95 lakhs for the fourth year; and INR 8.95 lakhs for the fifth year.
Integrated MBA Important Dates
The important dates pertaining to the admissions taking place in the top 5 B-schools are given below.
- IPM AT 2022 will be conducted on July 2, 2022. Application window for the same has been closed.
- IIM Rohtak IPM aptitude test 2022 is scheduled for June 26, 2022.
- The last date for applying to NMIMS, Mumbai is June 19, 2022.
Specialisations of top Integrated MBA Courses
- Out of the top 5 B-schools in India, only SVKM`s NMIMS, Mumbai offers specialized integrated MBA courses, while the other institutions offer integrated MBA course in general mode.
- The available specializations at SVKM`s NMIMS are Family Business Management and Entrepreneurship & Family Business
Career Prospects for Integrated MBA
The candidates taking up integrated MBA are mostly preferred by many top companies owing to the managerial skill set that the candidate gets exposed to. The top profiles that these graduates get are as follows:
- Equity Research Analyst
- Brand Manager
- Digital Marketing Manager
- Management Consultant
- Retail Manager
- Digital Marketing Manager
Candidates after completing their course would get a huge amount of salary. For instance, for the year 2022, graduates from IIM Indore banged a higher salary package of INR 41.5 LPA as an international offer and INR 49 Lakhs as a domestic offer.
Plenty of sectors tend to provide opportunities for the graduates of Integrated MBA. Some of the sectors are mentioned below.
- Investment Banking
- Data Analytics
- Managerial Consultant
- Banking and Finance
- Sales and Marketing
The placements for integrated MBA at IIM-Indore are very excellent when compared to the other top B-schools in India.
- The graduates after pursuing this course were able to draw a maximum salary package of up to INR 89.25 LPA over the last 5 years.
- The average salary for the last academic year 2022 was that: Average salary offered was INR 25.01 LPA, while the highest domestic salary was INR 49.00 LPA and the highest international salary was INR 41.50 LPA